Wednesday 19 December 2012

Ghent (Gent)

Very splendid evening in Gent at the Capitole, a fine Christmas evening with a throng of merry people!
Joined by the wonderful Andy Massey at the piano (who was happy to put up with onstage abuse - all part of the act I assure you!), we had a wonderful time.

Lots of CDs and songbooks too flew off the selling table after the gig... hoorah - quite a few Songs of Cricket, as well as the more obvious Christmas albums...
Great that our tireless Belgian agent Thomas was there too...

Andy rose wonderfully to the challenge of See Amid the Winter's Snow (excellently arranged by Jonathan Rathbone) - I won't spoil it for those who have not seen it! - but he was great!  Chris Hatt will have a go next week...

Andy, Mike and I enjoyed a number of Christmas Leffes (and De Koninck too); when in Belgium etc...

Gent is a fine place to be just before Christmas.



1 comment:

Liselotte said...

Indeed, it was a fantastic evening. Thank you for the heartwarming music. Actually, at this moment I am listening to your cd and I am very glad I bought it! Merry Christmas!